A Certain Kind: Discipleship Essentials
WORSHIP: An Invitation to the Throne Room of God
When we are in worship, we are, in the present, rehearsing the end. (E. Peterson)
Jesus stands at the door and knocks… Rev. 3:20, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE OPEN THE DOOR?
1. Do you see the Throne? (4:1-2, 5-6a)
Worship recognizes God as the centre of everything.
2. Do you see One seated? (4:3)
Worship recognizes and re-establishes the true living God as enthroned.
3. Do you see the gathering? (4:4, 6b-11)
Gathering around the CENTRE is the appropriate response to God’s glory and recognition that all creation worships.
4. Do you see a Scroll? (5:1-4)
True worship results in revelation; when we preach Christ, He unseals the revelation of God.
5. Do you see the Lion?...Do you see a Lamb? (5:5-7)
The “Lion-like lamb” and “Lamb-like lion” is central to worship in Heaven.
6. Do you see the prayers? (5:8)
God commissions the saint’s prayers to be held in the most exquisite container.
7. Do you hear the singing? (5:9-13)
The result and essence of worship is singing—“uncontained exuberance about God.”
8. Do you hear the hearty AMEN? (5:14)
“Shout in applause” (Justin Martyr 150 AD)—a hearty cheer to God’s unchangeable YES to us in Christ. Jesus is the present and future yes to the promises of GOD! He is the Amen (Is 65:16;Rev. 3:14)
It’s all here!
WORD - PRAYER - BAPTISM - LORD’S TABLE - CELEBRATION