MARK: The Gospel for Stressful Times
WHO WILL ROLL YOUR STONE AWAY?
“AS FOR YOU, YOU WERE (if a believer)/ (ARE) DEAD IN YOUR TRANSGRESSIONS AND SINS… WE WERE (if a believer)/ (ARE) BY NATURE OBJECTS OF (GOD’S) WRATH (Eph. 2:1,3)
THE QUESTION OF EASTER IS…WHO WILL ROLL YOUR STONE AWAY—THE STONE THAT KEEPS YOU IMPRISONED IN YOUR STATE OF DEAD AND AFRAID?
The GOOD NEWS of Easter is THIS.. THE STONE HAS BEEN ROLLED AWAY BY CHRIST—HE IS ALIVE AND HAS CONQUERED DEATH FOR US—we no longer need to fear!!!
7 big time life-giving lessons—you don’t have to live in fear of death!
1. “Who will roll the stone away…?” (16:3)
They arrived with no sense of hope
2. What is the meaning of the empty tomb? (16:4-6)
“He is Risen!”
3. Should anyone not know how to get on the Jesus way? (16:7; 1:2-8) “But go…” Waves of divine messengers
4. Why single out Peter? (16:7)
“…tell his disciples AND Peter…” Mess up is not fatal
5. Why should we go to Galilee? (16:7; 14:28)
“There you will SEE Him” For a reset go back to the place of your calling
6. Why is everyone still afraid? (16:8)
“Trembling and bewildered…” Our flesh IS weak!
7. What’s the great news? (cf Jn 15:5)
Fulfillment of every good thing depends on God and not you.—Jesus rolled the stone away!
The one who tries to save his life will lose it;
the one who gives up his life will gain it—and will bring life to others.