Zechariah: The King is Coming
When God Shows Up
On that day!... What God will do one day for national Israel, he is doing right now in the Church—getting his people ready for the final eternal kingdom.
Whether you belong to the people grafted (Rom. 11:17-24) into the root (the church) or the original shoots (true Israel), the rules of engagement for who will be included in this final, eternal, Christ-exalting/ worshiping kingdom of God (the present spiritual or the future global) remain the same…
Who will be saved?
1. Who the LORD determines to save and whoever puts their trust in God’s salvation, will be invincibly saved! (12:1-9)
“the LORD who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him…”
How will they be saved?
2. The ones who receive an outpouring of both, God’s favour and ability to respond to that favour, will be saved. (12:10-13:6)
-- spirit of grace and supplication
- They will repent—mourn/turn from piercing (slaying) God!
- The repentant will receive a cleansing fountain to wash away their sin and ritual and sexual impurity. (Ezk. 36:17,25; Zech. 3:4,9; 1 Cor. 6:11; 1 Jn. 1:9)
- The powerful work of God within will cause them to…
- Turn away from the false gods (idols) they have chosen (1 Cor. 6:9; Eph. 5:3-5; Col. 3:5)
- Turn from contacting the dead and ascribing supernatural powers to things giving false answers (cf. . 19:13)
- Turn from deceptive prophesying, false teaching; telling lies and using the Lord’s name to do it
Are you able to respond to the cleansing grace of God?