Zechariah: The King is Coming
What’s So Amazing About GRACE?
In your rush to experience every spiritual blessing you have in Christ (Eph.1:3), be sure you stop and gaze regularly at GRACE.
1. By grace, god entirely saves you (1-5)
- Of Accuser and Judge…
The Courtroom—you stand guilty as accused.
“Chosen” – through nothing but the mercy of Almighty God, he completely changes your standing.
2. By GRACE God changes you and sets you apart to fulfill his plans for you (6-8a).
Of Priests and Prophets…
- For holiness you are “freed from your sins by his blood” (Rev. 1:5) to obey the commands of Christ.
- To exercise specific giftedness to build up the New Temple (1 Pet. 2:5,9)
- You have God’s voice to you (WORD 2 Pet. 1:19-21) and his Guide (HOLY SPIRIT 1 Cor. 2:12) because…
- You are finite (1 Pet 1:24) and can’t understand
- You are fallen (1 Cor 2:14) and don’t want to understand
3. By GRACE, God promises glory, a better day (8b-10)
- Of the Branch, the Servant, the Stone and King…
At Calvary – “I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.” (9)
The Consummation—all the glorious promises offered by grace are “actually and finally realized” at the Second Coming. (10)
WHAT’S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE? From shame to glory!