Mission:Possible | Spirit-Empowered Witnesses
The Ongoing Mission
4 foundational realities for the rapid spread of the message of Jesus Christ in the early church that still make mission possible today.
1. Jesus is alive; His mission continues (vs. 1-3)
- If not, then our faith is futile, we are still in our sins (1 Cor. 15:17) and there is NO mission.
- “Christianity is not built on speculation or someone’s creative imagination, it is founded on actual historical revelation” (Tony Merida)
-Christ is alive, His mission ‘to seek and save the lost’ is not dead (Lk. 19:10)
- Rejoice, be confident, never give up hope
Does your life reflect this good news?
2. Jesus commands; engagement in His mission (vs. 4-11)
- He is alive and is the commander and chief of His mission (cf. vs.2, 4ff)
- He continues his mission through his followers/the church (2 Cor. 5:17-20)
- He empowers us for engagement (vs. 8) – “to do and teach”
- He will come back
Are you experiencing His power to witness?
3. Obedience and prayer; are essential for His mission (vs. 12-14)
- Obedience reflects our love for Jesus (cf. Jn. 14:15, 1 Jn. 5:2, 3) and His Lordship (Lk. 6:46)
- Prayer reflects our trust and dependence on God and our desire to be in line with his will (Mt. 26:39).
Are you taking God’s word seriously? Are you fully relying on Him?
Let’s approach this new chapter of Calvary’s history as a church family who desperately long to see God continue to move mightily in our present time as He has done in the past.
His mission continues – engage in it – obediently and prayerfully!
And let’s watch him build His church.