A Certain Kind: Discipleship Essentials
The MASTER’S Plan: How Jesus Purposed to Form the CHURCH
Are we actually a church, making disciples or a place of religious goods and services?
Are you a disciple or a decoy?
Keeping the main thing the main thing…
One main purpose Glorify God
One main task Make disciples
1. All Authority (cf. Dan. 7:13-14; Zech. 14:9) “It’s not how, but why.”
Real disciples recognize one authority in their lives.
Jesus has been given absolute authority to commission his people to busy themselves prepping each other to be citizens of his kingdom.
2. All Nations (cf. Gen 12:3) “It’s about all-disciples (Christians) disciple-making.”
The objective is to “go” (spread out) into the world over which Jesus has authority and sovereignly controls and make disciples.
- Through authentic testimony and witness, calling people to turn to Jesus.
- Baptizing the converted as an act of obedient identification with Jesus and the Jesus nation.
3. All Things “It’s not how many, it’s how obedient.”
- “to obey”
- “all things commanded”
Disciples teach each other and submit to the teaching of each other in the matter of learning how to obey and live out all that Jesus communicated for the life of a disciple of Jesus.
4. Always “It’s all about a life to live rather than just converts to a message.”
As you engage in discipleship, you can be assured of Jesus presence to accompany (cf Ex. 33:15-17)
Discipleship the process God uses to transform Christians
Discipling one disciple (Christian) helping another disciple grow in their discipleship.
“Making disciples” is the command to steward people to spiritual maturity.