MARK: The Gospel for Stressful Times
Kingdom Principles from our CEO
As followers of Christ, let’s not settle for longing to return to what was the ‘norm’. Rather, let’s pray and anticipate a new and even better norm! Matt. 22:37
3 Principles to becoming ‘great’ kingdom citizens, taught and modelled by Jesus:
1. Trust wholeheartedly in God’s sovereignty (10:32-34)
- ‘Wholeheartedly’ – meaning what we ‘know’ and believe about God will be reflected in both our attitudes and actions
- Result – others will notice leading to gospel conversations
Through the power of the Holy Spirit let’s close the ‘gap’ between what we claim to know and believe with what our attitudes and actions reflect.
2. Daily deny yourself (10:35-41)
- ‘Greatness’ in the kingdom of God comes through humility, suffering and self-sacrifice
- Self-centredness – is the biggest obstacle to becoming a great kingdom citizen (Mark 8:34)
- We need to have the ‘same mindset as Christ’ (Phil. 2:5-8)
“Self-seeking ambition has no place in the church founded on the ultimate self-giving sacrifice of Jesus Christ.”
3. Willingly serve others (10:42-45)
- “Not so with you” (vs. 43) – as the bride of Christ we are to lead differently than the world
- “Instead” (vs. 43) – to be ‘great’=serve; to be ‘first’=be the slave of all
- “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served… (vs. 45) – Jesus wholeheartedly trusted his Father’s will, he denied himself and willingly served others.
Let’s follow his example, apply these principles and become great kingdom citizens.
“We have been blessed by his leadership”