These Qualities: The Long Run Approach to Living
Is There Not a Cause for GREAT THANKSGIVING?
There is a circular connection between prayer and thanksgiving. Thanksgiving seems to invite prayer and more prayer, more thanksgiving. (Col.1:3, 9,12)
Disciple of Jesus, consider 3 reasons to joyfully give thanks to the Father…
1. You have qualified to share in the inheritance of the saints in light (1:12; 3:24; Rom. 3:16-17; Gal. 4:1-7)
- The people of this inheritance are set apart by grace to be favoured for salvation
- The inheritance is an invitation into the family of God.
- Where Jesus is, is the place of the inheritance—the radiance of the Sun of righteousness (Mal 4:2; 1 Tim. 6:16)
2. You have been rescued from the domain (authority) of darkness (1:13; Lk. 22:53; 2 Cor. 11:14; Eph. 6:12)
- Unable to welcome truth—dupes to liars, manipulators, “experts”
The “red pill” or the “blue pill”-- the medicine of sinners
- Bondage to the Prince of Darkness, living in fear (2 Cor. 11:14)
- Under the authority of the Liar (Jn. 8:44)
3. Through the rescue of your King, you have been transferred by the Father into the kingdom of His beloved Son (1:13-14)
- Charter of the kingdom is love filled with light
- Changed lordships, changed kingdoms, changed loyalty
- Changed places in the matter of authority and power—neither fear nor pay homage to any authority but Christ and those who are doing HIS bidding (Matt. 28:18; 1:16)
BECAUSE WE’VE BEEN REDEEMED…the barrier to God has been PERMANENTLY removed by the forgiveness of sins! (…without the shedding of blood, there is NO forgiveness. Heb. 9:22—God’s legal edict)
Released from what would damn you to the wrath of God eternally—conscience set free from past, present, and future sin.