Father's Day 2021: Making Kids Great Again!
1. If you are a Christian father, you are the father of children who have the full attention of the Heavenly Father
God the Father establishes the identity of the family, delegating the father role to human men...Eph. 3:15
- An heritage (Psalm 127)
- Warning of causing spiritual barriers to Jesus (Mk. 9:42)
- High expectations, resources and accountability as a father entrusted with that identity by God!
2. Don’t mess up your children by abusing your position of power and authority.
“Do not provoke /stir up discontent in your children...they will become angry/lose heart”
Bad fathering produces significant emotional disabilities... These results reflect an absence of Christ/Christlikeness
- Losing heart
3. Do set up the right soul space for your children to give them every opportunity to physically, emotionally, and spiritually succeed.
“...instead bring them up in the discipline and instruction...”
Balanced fathering... How the Lord builds us. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- Healthy physical correction “paideia”—discipline, training through material (physical) consequences (Heb.12:7)
- Healthy verbal direction “nouthesis”—instruction, admonition
...“of the Lord”
Father your children in Christ-approved ways