Hold On Hang In
A New Kind of Community: Unshakeable!
How you hear the voice of God determines whether you will be shaken or unshakeable – God’s voice comes first as grace and if ignored, judgment …
Which is it for you?
“See to it that no one misses the grace of God” (15)
“Esau could bring about no change of mind” (17)
“They could not bear what was commanded” (20)
- You will miss “the grace of God” if you remain mastered only by the gifts of God.
- There is a greater thing to fear than persecution and hardships-- the judgment of God
Two Mountains; Two Messages
- Mt. Sinai shows us how far short of God’s glory we fall – we are shaken; God is unapproachable. (18-21)
- Mt. Zion shows us the amazing scope of God’s grace – God is approachable, so now we are unshakeable.
There is a final shakedown coming
“See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks” (25)
- His voice will shake what can be shaken
(Ex. 19:1f; Hag. 2:6; Matt. 24:7-8; Heb. 12:26-27; Is. 13:13; 24:18-20; Rev. 6:12-17; 16:17-19)
- His voice will rescue what cannot be shaken (Heb. 12:13; Is. 35:4; Ps. 9:7-12)
- Worship the God of the unshakeable kingdom, for his grace to you, so you will not perish with the rest.
What you do with the voice of the Lord today has everything to do with the shape of your heart tomorrow and the next day and the next.
This universe is moving toward a final shakedown and you will either be shaken away or unshakeable