Hold On Hang In
Why You Will Continue to Live a Life Committed to Christ!
WHY SHOULD I? …
- You will not be consumed by the trinkets of this culture because you yourselves know you have better and lasting possessions.
- You will not throw away your confidence in the mission to sacrificially serve Christ because you know you will be richly rewarded.
- You will persevere, hang on, hang in when all the supporting structures give way because when you have done the will of God, you will receive what has been promised.
Why will you?
You have been given the indisputable enablement to please God – you “live by faith” (10:38/Hab. 2:3, 4)
- You are certain of what you do not see (11:1,3) (grounded on your convictions about creation!)
… because in what you do see, you see God.
- You are sure of what you hope for (11:1/10:36; 11:8f)
…because what you hope for are promises made by God himself.
For this you will be commended – God is pleased …
(this will take you deeper into the heart of God – to know him!)
- Everything you do is a conscious acknowledgement of the God who is; it’s not what you do, but how you do it that counts (11:4) – BY FAITH
(Abel’s gift was better because it was “by faith” – an act of belief)
- You seek God as the reward(er) – because earnestly seeking him is worth by-passing everything else (11:5).
(Having alternatives, Enoch “walked with God” (Gen. 5:24))
Do you have this faith?