What Do You Believe?
The Truth About God's Word: The Doctrine of the Holy Scriptures
1. God’s Word is our primary source of truth (Psm. 119; Jn. 17:17).
We believe the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters of faith and life, that it is divinely inspired, without error in every word, and completed as originally delivered. (2Timothy 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Psalm 119:116). Calvary Statement of Faith
2. The Scriptures are God’s provision for a God-saturated life (2 Tim. 3:10-4:5)
A God-saturated life by marinating in God-breathed teaching…
- To endure sound teaching, not flawed opinions
- To hear what you need to hear, not what you want to hear
- To turn to the truth rather than away from it
3. The Scriptures are God’s protection from being stranded in spiritual oblivion (Psm. 95; Heb. 4:12-13)
- living and active
God is not casual about his Word.
4. Our posture toward God’s Word is accountability (Jn. 5:37-40; 10; 17:17; 18:37-38)
- To ignore or refuse is to put Christ on trial
- God’s truth is necessarily confrontational
- Those who belong to Christ are able to clear the clutter and be discerning
Are you obeying the commands of Christ and teaching others to obey?