Hold On Hang In
Run Christian Run: Making Certain Your Race is not Put at Risk
“Something Better” (11:39)
“Let us run” —> (12:1)
Putting your race at risk…
- Over-loaded with hinderance
- Entangled in sin
- Loss of Focus
- Loss of Heart
Persevering in your race …
1. Throw off everything that interferes with the race (12:1)
- Things that hinder
- Sin that entangles
2. Keep your eyes on the prize (12:2)
- You Must decide what race you are in.
- You must look past the immediate to the ultimate
3. Consider the hurts of hardship how God turns the table in your favour (12:3f)
- Sinful people are instruments of God’s training school used to add the finishing touches to your faith
- In your battle with sin, hardships are evidence of God’s love
Choose this way so your current spiritual needs will result in healing and not a more serious condition of unhealth (12:12-13)
- List everything that is currently competing with things you could be doing of eternal value
- List sings still tying you up
- List evidence that bears witness to your primary focus
- List your hardships. Are they from sinful people or your own sin? Describe how God is growing you, discipling you for greater spiritual stamina
Sunday Night notes
Lean and Keen for 2018!
Spend the equivalent of half a day with the Lord sometime this week asap!
- List everything that is currently competing with things you could be doing of eternal value.
- List sins still tying you up.
From your discovery, what has to go so Christ can have more space in your life?
- List evidence that bears witness to your primary focus.
Where is your focus? On your mission as a disciple of Christ or __________ ?
- List your hardships. Are they from sinful people or your own sin? Describe how God is growing you, discipling you for greater spiritual stamina.
Will you for discipline-sake endure the hardship you are bearing so that your spiritual weaknesses and flaws will become areas of spiritual wellness?