1. An eroding confidence in God’s word as sufficient or relevant
We take God’s Word Seriously because we take God seriously-we don’t try to change him or who he is-he is changing us through the agency of his word and his Spirit.
2. An embarrassed disloyalty toward God concerning his recorded “antics” and actions to justify subjective obedience.
We regard worshipping God essential because he is the “WOW” of our lives and worthy of our total devotion.
3. Trading prayer for politics and other activism or as the medium for creating one’s own reality.
We consider the air we breathe because as dependent creatures, we must rely on constant contact with the Lord, who is our strength.
4. “Keep on sinning, so God can keep on forgiving”-skipping sanctification through stunted growth and sinful sauciness.
We believe growing Christ-followers is a necessity because the present reason for our salvation is holy transformation; we need to change to become as close to the person we were made to be as is possible
5. Signing up for the witness protection plan or becoming hostile witnesses to the truth
We believe growing Christ-followers is a necessity-because the present reason for our salvation is holy transformation; we need to change to become the person we were made to be