God Has Something to Say to You
God Has Something to Say to You About Repentance
The “missing link”: You cannot really turn to, unless you have turned from.
If you are really serious about returning to the LORD…
1. You cannot follow the LORD until and unless you have faced and repented of your rebellious sinfulness (1:1-6).
RETURN TO ME
- In the presence of repentance relationship happens.
- In the absence of repentance judgment will come.
2. The greater reality of the universe is the unseen—God is completely dominant over his cosmos (1:7-17).
THE MAN AMONG THE MYRTLES
- God is deeply passionate.
- God is present and comforting—experiencing both is a choice to live repentantly.
- His presence brings prosperity.
- His comfort brings help.
3. God uses things that hurt to get the corrective attention of his people and brings to long-awaited justice, those things that brought hurt (1:18-21).
FOUR HORNS AND FOUR SMITHS
- Helplessness brings us to the hopeful place of finally learning to live by faith.
- No matter how impossible your obstacle is, God can do the impossible.
- To those who stubbornly reject the expansive grace of a loving God, a day of reckoning will come.