Elijah: Knowing God's Power
1 Kings 18:16-40
How long will you “limp”… (18:21)?
You will know God’s power if…
1. You are firmly convinced that God is all powerful (18:15).
“the Lord of hosts lives!”
2. You resist and reject any compromise with the material-only worldview that dominates our modern landscape (18:16-19).
abandoning God’s truth to chase after material success
“It’s quite a journey from consumer to committed to crucified.” (S. Cottrell, E. Chan)
embracing state-sponsored apostasy
3. You view God and His Kingdom advance as an investment (18:20-21).
If the Lord is God, “go after” him!
4. You place your life completely in the hands of One who can answer you when you come calling (18:22-39).
The Lord - He is God!
5. You chase out of your life any replacement powers that have been allowed to accumulate and interfere with your freedom to completely depend on God (18:40).
“Don’t let anyone get away!”
We, as a culture, are so concerned about what our rights are; but what are God's rights?