For the past 22 years, the Calvary ministry has grown with only minor adjustments to the physical resources. Not only has substantial wear and tear become obvious to all (e.g: the parking lot), but the likelihood of sustaining growth without touching our 20+ year-old resources is unrealistic.
RENOVO 1.0 is the first part of a longer intentional ministry/mission advance plan which will initially entail the renovating of some of our physical resources to enable us to preserve the ministry momentum we are currently enjoying. We think the benefit as far as Knowing Christ and Making Him Known will be obvious.
Leadership has picked up an attitude and energy from within the congregation that can best and simply be described as It’s Time! We agree, and to that end we invite the Calvary nation to get on board the exciting journey God has for us - RENEWING OUR PASSION; IGNITING CHRIST’S POWER.
We are a people hungry for an atmosphere that fully unleashes the power of Christ to make an unparalleled difference in the Durham Region.
|VMR is a team focused on the RENOVO project. VMR represents Vision/Mission, Resourcing. Team members are Steve King (chairman), Pastor Rick Baker, Scott Martin, Paul Powers, Lamide Olubuyide, Bruce Vaillancourt, Paul Nicholson, Scott Jeffrey, Tim Richardson, Brett King, Ed Hodgins, Julia Trotter, and Rebekah McIntee. Please feel free to approach a team member with any questions.
RENOVO 1.0 consists of four projects themed around Connecting, Communicating and Benefiting.
It's Time to update the lobby...
- Creating an inviting, friendly environment for newcomers and returning guests.
- Larger, more visible Welcome Centre. The new Welcome Centre will continue to be the hub for information about Calvary, staffed by friendly faces and supported by A/V visuals and resources. The Welcome Centre will also be completely accessible.
- More clearly identifying who we are and what we are passionate about.
- An engaging space for interaction - the Calvary café will be the hub for coffee and tea and is intended for relationship building.
- Global Missions area, complete with updates from our missionary family and easy ways to connect with them - right from our lobby!
- Approximate cost: $65,000
It's Time to give attention to the parking lot...
- If you've driven in our parking lot, you know that it desperately needs an update! This will occur in two phases:
- Phase 1 - east parking lot (entrance off of Rossland Road) - approximate cost: $110,000
- Phase 2 - paving of current gravel overflow parking - approximate cost: $170,000
It's Time to invest in nursery improvements...
- Upgrade to reduce crowding in the nursery area and improve flow in the nursery area.
- Security update so both visitors and members of the Calvary family know that we make safety an absolute priority.
- Approximate cost: $10,000
It's Time to better advertise the multiple ministry entry points...
- New 2-sided LED sign with video capability, visible from both Rossland and Ritson Roads.
- The new church sign will highlight Calvary programs and mission.
- Approximate cost: $45,000
Approximate total cost of RENOVO 1.0 is $400,000.
It's Time to experience the joy of generous giving...
To make real gains in ministry, we must not try to do the mission and finance capital projects from general givings alone. New and sacrificial sources above regular givings must be added to fund capital projects. Accordingly, we are inviting the Calvary family to seek the Lord and commit to give over and above regular offerings towards RENOVO 1.0.
We are employing pledge cards to be our way of knowing your intentions as partners in RENOVO 1.0. They are available in the office or in the pews. Special RENOVO 1.0 offering envelopes are available for you to get involved for the next 5 months (until March 31, 2012).